FOR TODAY...December 21
Outside my window...the sun is shining and there is a fine layer of frost covering the ground.
Outside my window...the sun is shining and there is a fine layer of frost covering the ground.
I am thinking...about today, about my post from Saturday, about my family, about Jesus, about life.
I am thankful for...the abundance of blessings God has given us and His mercies that are new each day.
I am remembering...that my husband's family will be gathering together for Christmas tomorrow night.
I am going...to clean house, to maybe bake some more Christmas goodies, to finish up some Christmas gifts, to love my family, to read the account of the birth of Jesus, to the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service later in the week, to pray, to rejoice, to trust.
I am reading...several different books.
I am hoping...that the peace of God will fall sweetly around everyone this Christmas Season.
On my mind...people who are experiencing difficulty right now.
Noticing that...the sanitation truck is coming and that thankfully my son remembered to put the garbage out. (Just keeping it real!)
Pondering...words from a hymn that the Spirit of God used to encourage me in a time of deep distress.
"The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no, never, no, never forsake!"
(from the hymn How Firm a Foundation)
I am thankful He keeps His promises!
"The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no, never, no, never forsake!"
(from the hymn How Firm a Foundation)
I am thankful He keeps His promises!
From the kitchen...Christmas goodies await, leftovers for lunch, supper ~ don't know.
Around the house...it is quiet, some have gone to work, some are still asleep. It is peaceful.
One of my favorite things...God's peace.
From my picture journal

7 comments:
I'm enjoying this weekly visit. lol I thought I already signed up to follow your blog. Oh well, will do it now!
Merry Christmas, Patty.
I did the Daybook one time while in Wordpress...I keep forgetting since moving to Blogger...LOL!
It does look like a cold and frosty day for that Blue Jay!
Keep warm!!!☺
Patty, thanks so much for your lovely visit to my Oak Cottage. I Love the words to that hymn. It is one of my favourites as well, and I am so very grateful for the firm foundation that my faith gives me. May you have a blessed and Merry Christmas!
I do love that hymn you've quoted - one of my favourites. And now it's buzzing round my head, which is lovely (and much better than the one that was there before, too!). Thanks for brightening my day.
Best wishes,
Jo
Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. Great words to ponder.
May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com
P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!
Lovely Daybook - I enjoyed reading it! That Blue Jay is gorgeous! Looks cold & wintery in the picture! Great Blog - I enjoyed my visit! Will stop by again!
Wishing You & Your Family a very Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!! :)
Post a Comment