Monday, January 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman\ 

FOR TODAY...January 4, 2010

Outside my window...darkness, the sun has not risen yet.

*Update! Now that it is light outside and I can see what is going on, I am happy to say ~ it is snowing!
I am so excited.

I am thinking...I would like to just let my mind rest a bit.

I am thankful for...all the beauty of the creation of God, and the reminder to stop and take it in. To wonder at all He has made and His awesomeness.

I am remembering...that this is the last day "off" from our regular routine and I want to make the most of it.

I am going...to make the most of it!

I am reading...Primal by Mark Batterson.  I will tell you what I think when I have finished it.

I am hoping...to get some clutter out of the house and get some things redone and organized soon.

On my mind...a family in need and what our part should be in ministering to them.
 
Noticing that...the heat just came on, and once again I will be feeling warm air blow on me shortly, because I am sitting close to the vent.

Pondering...A passage from Primal.

Life is like that, isn't it?  Some people live deeply, live fully.  Their circumstances are no different than anyone else's.  They breathe the same air.  But they have the uncanny ability to see more, experience more, enjoy more.  Others, not so much.  Some people almost seem like they are half awake or half aware or half alive.  They see less, experience less, enjoy less.
Leonardo da Vinci himself once observed that the average person "looks without seeing, listens without hearing, touches without feeling, eats without tasting, inhales without awareness of odor or fragrance, and talks without thinking."

 Makes one stop to think.  I don't want life to just pass me by.  I want to live it, fully!

From the kitchen...my husband asked me yesterday if I would fix a breakfast dish for him to carry to work.  So I will fix one for him and one for our family.

Around the house...need to do some straightening, but I plan to take advantage of our last day "off".

One of my favorite things...pondering.

From my picture journal

 
From a trip with my parents and sister this past summer to Indiana.
(Lake Michigan from the Indiana view.)

Join Peggy's daybook

10 comments:

Aisling said...

do you get much snow? While other parts of the Uk have had as much as a foot over the last month or so, where I am we have been lucky to get even the thinnest of coverings. I suppose I should be grateful to still be able to get out and about.

Patty said...

No, we do not get much snow. Even now it seems to be stopping. Maybe there will be more on the way.

Karen said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Karen

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you! I'm with ya on getting rid of clutter.

~Tamara

Anonymous said...

It is a misty snow here and will be snowy and cold all week! Oh I do wish it were summer!

Keep warm and toasty and have a cozy day!♥

Anonymous said...

Talking without thinking...there have been times when I wondered why I said something and wished I could take it back.
I wouldn't mind a little snow since Christmas activities are over and I don't have any engagements on my calendar.
I could use a more organized house and schedule.
January just seems to be a month for plans.
Mama Bear

GranthamLynn said...

Lovely post. Enjoy the snow and your week.
Thanks for sharing.
Come over and visit me when you have a chance. I enjoyed meeting you.
Blessings,
Sherry

Felicity said...

I enjoyed your daybook. Lovely picture too. Enjoy your snow, we don't get any here.

A Joyful Chaos said...

Enjoyed your post!

Thanks for sharing.

quilt'n-mama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog recently, I am enjoying reading yours this morning as well. Some great thoughts to ponder... like you, I have really come to realize lately that I don't want life to pass me by while I am worrying about whether it is happening "right." I want to live and enjoy life to it's fullest because all too soon, it can pass us by! I also am still pondering a quote about love and how we show it that I recently posted on my blog. I really want to teach my children (and learn better myself) how we can be His hands and feet to show His love to the world!
Thanks for letting me drop by!
Blessings,
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com