Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman\ 

FOR TODAY...January 18, 2010

Outside my window...sunshine with a bit of fog.

I am thinking...about our oldest son.  He has lots going on right now.

I am thankful for...how God takes care of His children despite and through the storms of life.  How we can roll back the curtains and remember all that He has done for us, and how He walks with us daily in relationship and purpose.

I am remembering...the family we go to church with who lost their husband/father this week.

I am going...shopping for various things today.

I am reading...my Bible, in the book of John.

I am hoping...that we get everything prepared for my Mother and Father's Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary, that it goes well, and is a time of thankful celebration.

Noticing that...it is quiet in the house right now.

Pondering...not much today.

From the kitchen...I had a piece of my son's birthday cake for breakfast ~ Italian Cream.  Not many plans for the rest of the day.  We will be in and out.

One of my favorite things...the sound of rain on a tin roof.

From my picture journal


photo by BK

 Join Peggy's daybook

9 comments:

Barbara said...

I pray that everything works out for your son. It doesn't matter how old they are, they still are a source of worry for us.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

One More Equals Four said...

Beautiful picture! So much tragedy in the world today and yet so much hope in the One, True God. I LOVE the words of Romans 8:37, "In all these things we OVERWHELMINGLY conquer through Him who loves us."

Ann said...

Thank you for the prayers for my cousin! Birthday cake for breakfast sounds marvelous. We do that here too, and it drives my husband crazy! He doesn't understand it! :)

Jocelyn said...

Hope the 50th anniversary party goes well, and will be a memorable celebration. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Shirley said...

Italian Cream cake for breakfast sounds wonderful!

Beautiful picture!

I hope that everything works out for your son, and I hope that you have a nice week.

Patricia said...

The birthday cake sounds delicious. Rain on a tin roof - I haven't heard that in years.

Karen said...

Beautiful picture. I hope you are having a good week and things are going well with your son.

Crystal said...

That's a great picture, even if it's just a little snow! We had 45 cm in the month of December - but thankfully a chinook has melted a great deal of it. Now it's icy everywhere! The cake sounds delicious and your day sounds peaceful. May God's grace shine in all you do this week :)

Thanks for coming by my blog!

HsKubes said...

Thank you for sharing your daybook.
Praying the Lord comforts and encourages your heart this week.

~ Christina

"But I will hope continually,
and will yet praise thee more and more."
Psalm 71:14