Have you seen these five finger shoes? Oh, let me get back to these.
Our second day there the fire alarms went off in the hotel where we were staying. Turned out that all was okay. Then they went off again, and again, and again.......! Three days out of the year they test the sprinklers and fire alarms and we happened to be there to experience it. We only had to deal with it for one day though; not so bad.
New Orleans is a very diverse place. So, honestly I didn't think we would stick out. We're pretty simple folks. Ah, but back to those five finger shoes. No, I don't have a pair, neither does my husband, but our children do. I try to let our children make there own choices when it comes to clothes and for the most part they do okay. Not too long ago our middle son came home with a pair of the five finger shoes. He proceeded to explain all the "promoted" benefits of the shoes. I thought they were strange, but I tell our children when there choice of clothing style is not the norm (there are boundaries here ~ there have been a few times I have had to say absolutely not) if they can stand the heckling go right ahead. So, on our way down to New Orleans we stopped to let our youngest son take a look at the shoes. We listened again to all the "promoted" benefits of the shoes and he decided he wanted a pair also. Yes, I still think they are strange. So long story short, the shoes got lots of attention, even in New Orleans. I was so surprised at how many people while walking along notice your shoes. I'm more a face person myself ~ I'd rather look at the face than the shoes ~ but many would rather look at your feet. The responses varied from ~ cool, like those shoes, laughter, and probably the most memorable is the businessman whose mouth dropped open and had to tell the man walking along with him about them, he couldn't stop staring back. So, now you know how to stick out even in diverse New Orleans.
We enjoyed the River Walk, the food, the sunshine, being able to share something of Jesus with others,
and time away with family
~ but I still have to say ~
There is no place like home!
4 comments:
Oh yes~Home Sweet Home!
We are in Michigan and head home tomorrow.
You have a Blessed Easter!
Interesting shoes. I'm surprised that got noticed so much too. Sounds like you had a nice trip even with all the alarms and whistles. Hope you had an enjoyable Easter celebration.
Blessings,
Patricia
I admire that you let your kids wear what they want. I'm thinking there would be benefits to shoes like them.
Never heard of that type of shoe before. Too funny! Would love to visit New Orleans someday.
Post a Comment