Although, I don't cook much in the microwave, we do often heat things up. Remembering to place a napkin or paper towel over anything that will splatter is of course the easiest thing, but if you are like me, sometimes you forget! What then. Well, my mom gave me this tip some time ago. If you have let something splatter in your microwave and did not clean it up while it was still wet, fill a cup or bowl with water and microwave until the water is boiling. The steam that is produced from the boiling water will loosen the "dried on stuff" and you can more easily wipe it out. I like it when the solution avoids the use of chemical cleaners.
(If you really have a mess, I would use a bowl of water not a cup.)
2 comments:
Good idea Patty. I like it when solutions for things like this are *chemical free* as well. How fun that many things can be solved simply. :)
Blessings,
Camille
That is a great tip. I haven't used a microwave in years, but when I was, I wish I would have known about that :) Blessings!
Post a Comment