Monday, December 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman\ 

FOR TODAY...December 7

Outside my window...it is calm and peaceful from my inside view.

I am thinking...about all that is scheduled for this day.

I am thankful for...Jesus ~ His birth, death, and resurrection.  That all the real hope we have is wrapped up in Him.

I am remembering...the Christmas program at our Church last night.  How wonderful it is to join with others in remembering what Christ Jesus has done for us and worshiping Him together.

I am going...to be home today. Maybe do some baking.

I am reading...my Bible, Seeking Him Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival, and the Country Sampler Magazine.

I am hoping...to walk worthy of my calling in the Lord today.

On my mind...my family.

From the learning room...all is quiet right now, it is still early here.

Noticing that...the temperature must be up some this morning, there is no frost on the ground.

Pondering...verses from my Bible study ~ "Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?  Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" (Micah 6:6-8)

From the kitchen...no plans as of now.  I am thinking maybe macaroni or spaghetti for supper.

Around the house...daily chores to be done and maybe some additional Christmas decorating.

One of my favorite things...visiting my favorite blogs.

From my picture journal



Join Peggy's daybook

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at your ornaments in your header. I once made some scrolls similar to that one. I gave them away. I'm thinking that I might make some more. If I did everything I think about, I would be too busy to eat and might lose some weight.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy to have joined Daybook today...it is so encouraging to read all of the lovely ladies thoughts.

Love your Noel Jingle bell ornament!

One More Equals Four said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't yet know what's for dinner tonight! :) Have a great week!

Barbara said...

I need to do some baking today too. Thanks for sharing your daybook.

Aisling said...

I was hoping to fit some baking in today but I am so far behind already, I know I won't!

Jen said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I am glad to know I am not the only one with spacing issues. Oh! If that were the worst thing in life we all dealt with!

Enjoy your day!

Jen

Lesley-Anne Evans said...

Hello Patty,

I tried to post a comment here yesterday, but it didn't work for some reason. In any event, thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I came to yours, and appreciated your reflections on yesterday's scripture verse… love KJV… and wanted to thank you for what you shared with me. Now to find a new word to replace 'transparency' :).

Blessings,

Lesley-Anne

Cindy said...

The daybook entries are always fun to read!

Karen said...

I love baking at Christmastime! I enjoyed reading your daybook today. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Karen

Jenny said...

your ornament is so pretty! I always think about those "perfect" trees each year. But could I not hang all those handmade ornaments my children have made and will probably continue to make? So for now, I will enjoy other people's pretty tree things!