Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman\ 

FOR TODAY...January 25, 2010

Outside my window...clear skies and sunshine.

I am thinking...that you cannot control the way people interpret things. It's hard enough to control the way I interpret things. Something meant for good can easily be misconstrued, twisted, and taken wrongly. So into the hands of God it goes. Just let His Spirit do some working. I suppose like my mom tells me, we all need to  ~ "Get rid of that stinking thinking."

I am thankful...for all God has given us.



I am remembering...something I read in a letter from Insight for Living by Charles Swindoll:

  "Remembering our Christian heritage - the foundations of our faith and those who fought to protect them - is a vital part of our spiritual growth.  As we move forward to the coming year, we cannot forget to take with us the precious truths that have been preserved for us.  Let me challenge you to renew your commitment to the fundamentals of the Christian faith, to remember the wonder of grace, to seek time with the Savior, and to dig deeply into the Word of God."

I am going...to be quite busy today preparing for the coming week.

I am reading...my Bible.

I am hoping...to get lots and lots of work done at home today.

Noticing that...I need a new calendar to put here by the computer. I still have the 2009 calendar up.

Pondering...an upcoming opportunity to relax and get away a bit.

From the kitchen...biscuits and cereal for breakfast, sandwiches or left over roast and potatoes for lunch, supper ~ who knows?

One of my favorite things...black walnut ice cream!

A picture to share...


photo by BK

Join Peggy's daybook

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

reading your profile on the side bar could almost describe me.
I like what you wrote for I am thinking. So true! People can sometimes hear, not what we meant to say, but something else entirely.
Happy week,
Mama Bear

Jocelyn said...

Such a very sweet picture of the blue jay. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

dtbrents said...

I love that song. It's a favorite of mine. I don't expect to get much done today I have my grandbaby. She doesn't like for me to be on the computer or doing housework. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

Karen said...

I love the picture of the bluejay! Thanks for the prayers for my grandma.