"My brother and sister-in-law taught me a trick the other day. Maybe it is old news to some but it was new to me so I thought I'd share. For popcorn lovers, you can easily use paper lunch sacks to make your own microwave popcorn. Just put enough kernels in to make a single layer at the bottom of the bag and then roll the bag closed all the way to the bottom. Then microwave. This is a cheap alternative to microwave popcorn and you can get the seasoning just right, not too salty, not too bland. I hope this trick is useful for others." (Posted with permission.)
A young mother in our homeschool group passed this along to us recently. Maybe you have tried this but I had not. I decided to give it a try and it worked great. As I watched it pop I thought it was going to pop out of the bag before it stopped popping, but it didn't. So easy!
3 comments:
I'll have to try that! So you don't need any oil either?
Cindy, I don't think you need to use anything but the popcorn. I actually put the seasoning/butter in the bag and put a paper towel under the bag. The bag did get greasy but it still worked fine.
I've done this a long time ago. I should try it again...should be more economical then purchased AND I think my grandkids would get a kick out of making it that way. Thanks for the memory and reminder of this!
Post a Comment