Monday, February 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman\ 

FOR TODAY...February 15, 2010

Outside my window...a beautiful picture of God's handiwork.  We have snow on the ground, the sun is rising, and the surrounding landscape yields a beautiful picture of white and brown rolling hills. It is quite lovely.

I am thinking...how ironic things can be.  Last night I returned an email to a friend from my school days mentioning our lack of snow here ~ they had been out playing in the snow.  Then it snowed. I'm not sure we have enough to play in though.

I am thankful...that my husband has the day off.

I am remembering...various things that surely would be of no interest to you!

I am going...to enjoy the warmth inside my home.

I am reading...my Bible, Living The Extraordinary Life by Charles Stanley, and Angels by Dr. David Jeremiah.  I just started reading Angels.  It was a giveaway that I received from Patricia from Pausing to Consider.

I am hoping...yes, I am!

Noticing that...all is quiet. It is still fairly early here and everyone else is still asleep. Very little noise ~ except from the computer and the heater.

Pondering...what to do, what to do.

From the kitchen...I would like to try some recipes that I have seen on some of the blogs I visit.

One of my favorite things...God's beauty that surrounds us.

A picture to share...

 
Spring and summer invade my thoughts.
As much as I look forward to the coming change in seasons
~ today I will enjoy the snow outside my window ~.


Join Peggy's daybook

9 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I enjoyed reading this, Patty!

Cindy said...

I always enjoy the daybook entries!

Jocelyn said...

Oh my goodness, what a great picture. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Farming On Faith said...

You have a lovely day and stay warm. I have to venture out in the freezing temps. I have put off going to the store for a long time~you know that Pantry Challenge. I think I am challenged out!
Blessings~
Carrie

Stephani Cochran said...

Nice post! I enjoyed your answer to "I am hoping. . . " Where would we be without hope? Have a great week!

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your blog. We had 6 inches of snow here. I love the snow. We don't often have any. Your pictures are beautiful. Doylene

Tara said...

Love your photos The tree with the lake is so peacful and the beauty just leaps out making you want to be there.
Have a blessed day and thank you for stopping by and saying hello.

One More Equals Four said...

Beautiful pictures! Hope you enjoyed the snow! I am ready for the snow to give way to spring!

Have a lovely week!

Karen said...

I enjoyed reading about your day. Hope you are having a good week! Great pictures ☺ Karen