Thursday, July 29, 2010

Preparation for Education

Goodness, there is such a multitude of information available to us today. I was browsing over the sites that I have under Teaching Our Children and thought of how vast the opportunity for knowledge is. My thoughts wondered in a different direction and the verse "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul," came to my mind. Though my soul is safe in Jesus, I know the daily relationship can be forfeited for lesser things if I am not careful. Just a gentle reminder from the Spirit of what is of utmost importance. Not just for us, but for our children also. Later when I popped over to the Heart of Wisdom blog I read the article ~ To Be Educated. It is a great article to read and ponder before you prepare for the new school year. I will say no more, the article speaks for itself.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Interesting how these types of posts keep coming up. I suppose we are all "gearing up" for school! :) I recently read "When You Rise Up" by R.C. Sproul Jr. and it is SOOOOO good!! May the LORD help us all to keep ALL things in their rightful and proper place in this life.

Blessings to you!
In Him,
Camille