Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Quilting Class


I finally got to that quilting class (actually it was more a piecing class). Those of you who are seasoned quilters know this is a beginner's quilt. We used a turning twenty pattern that is indeed fairly simple. I am pleased with the outcome thus far, but simple or not it is still a good bit of work! Since the piecing is done, I am working toward getting the quilt basted and then on to the quilting. I have not decided if I am going to hand quilt or machine quilt this one. I also need to find a motif to quilt. A good bit of work ahead and I am eager to see the finished project.



3 comments:

Camille said...

Hi Patty...looks great! I have never quilted before...you are ambitious to try your hand at it. I like the colours you chose...I am sure it will be BEAUTIFUL when it's all complete and finds a home. :)

Blessings,
Camille

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Patty
Thanks for visiting me and your comments...I am a beginner quilter, also and have several that need quilting at this time...I haven't done any machine quilting but I am about to start...I took a class.
I like the colors of this quilt...sort of reminds me of Valentine's Day.
I just discovered Mahjong. My Daughter plays and my granddaughter...I suggest you go to bing.com and play their game before trying the various ones available on the game sites...that is what I did.
Mama Bear

Anita said...

Hey Patty, your quilt looks beautiful! You did a great job. Get that quilted and we can start another! Teresa Dawn