Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sounding Like My Dad

I found myself singing a song this morning as I ironed my husbands clothes. Sometime back one of my children told me that I was like my dad. It is true. I can remember hearing my dad sing a lot when I was a young girl at home. Obviously, he has done it enough when we've visited that my children have heard him too. Mostly my dad sang hymns, though on occasion he might throw in something like The Thousand Legged Worm. So I have to say, I often find myself singing hymns when I wake up in the morning and go about my day. So this morning I found myself singing It Is No Secret What God Can Do.  I decided to look it up and listen to it on You Tube. Songs are like most things ~ they usually have a story behind them. So if your interested you can read a bit about the man who wrote this song and why here. It is no secret what God can do!

2 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

What a sweet post.
You have a lovely day!

Karen said...

A beautiful hymn--and I love the story behind it! There is nothing like the old hymns.