Wednesday, January 11, 2012

On a Quest to Simplify ~ Part 1 ~ Follow Up

Well, Monday I said I was going to go clean out the cabinets under our kitchen island. I have to admit I think I took more than one bite out of the elephant. After emptying out the 4 cabinets I felt a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff on my counters. I wanted to stop at that point, but I didn't! I actually ended up emptying out an additional cabinet because I was trying to match up all the bowls with the lids. I am pleased to say that I accomplished this step. Here are a few pictures of the results from yesterday. (Sorry, no before shots.)




This is the get rid of pile. I think my mom, my sister and I are going to have a big yard sale together in the spring.


Tip # 2 
Remember tip # 1 ~ Keep it simple ~ set small obtainable goals.

(Feeling overwhelmed half way through a project is not a positive.  I continued to work in the kitchen yesterday, but took much smaller steps.) 

No comments: